Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2017

1.1 Reflection- Badminton (9/12 Games)

Today we played Badminton for our 1.1 reflection.  We used a shuttlecock, racket and a volleyball net.  Badminton is almost the same as tennis and volley but instead of using a ball we use something that's called a shuttlecock.  Shutterlecock is not shaped like a ball,  it has feathers pointing out of the end and a little soft ball that you hit.


Image result for shuttlecock

I would put myself on an achieve because I was organised before the game and I helped prepared the activity so that we have more time to play.  I was involved in the activity.  I tried to improve on my skills preformance which was to try and serve the shuttlecock.

To get myself to a merit,  I need to work hard towards the goal.  I need to be motivated and reliable during the activity.  I need to seeks to improve my performance through development of skills, well-being and fitness.

My previous experiences is a negtive impact in my participation because when we played badminton before I was very bad as I didn't really know how to play.  The previous experience made my confident go down because I couldn't serve the shutterlecock.

My friends and classmates gave a positive impact in my partcipation because they had it positive and fun for me and everyone else.  They were also supportive towards everyone.

The challenges in this game was a positive impact in my partcipation because there were good players there which made it challenging for me and my partner to try and win the game.  It was really a positive and challenging game.

I could increase my peers participation by supporting them when they need it and also encouraging them when they don't feel like playing because they don't like the game.  I could increase my peers participation by being positive so that they can also have a positive and happy game to enjoy.


2 comments:

Angela Gattung said...

Hi Charday, thanks for your post about your badminton efforts. I used to play badminton when I was young. I belonged to the local club and would play every week. One of the keys to getting better at anything is practice and I think that if you were to play badminton more regularly, you would get better and enjoy it more. I am interested in your comments about serving the shuttlecock. What did you actually find difficult? Maybe it was hitting it high enough to get over the net? You know it has a weighted bottom part. If you let go of the feather part and let the bottom part fall then flick your wrists to hit the bottom, the shuttle will fly over the net. It is much about wrist action when playing badminton. I haven't played for years and your post has brought back many happy memories. Thank you and keep trying - you will improve and enjoy playing with friends.

Moli said...

Well done Charday. Great effort, Looks like you enjoyed it, I would of did aswell. But this is awesome work. Keep it up.

#FromMoli

Post a Comment