Pages

Wednesday 30 August 2017

1.1, 11PEA Childhood Games (14-12 games)

Today we played childhood games that were and is stil popular now.  The game we played was Leapfrog, Octopus, 4-sqaure (handball), skipping, hopscotch.  First game we played was Leapfrog, we got split into two equal groups and had a race of leapfrog from one side of the court to the other.  As a class we then played Octopus together as a class after Octopus  with only half an hour left we had free time.  We could play any game until the bell rang.  Everyone played handball because it is a game that is still popular compared to the other games.

I put myself on 'm' because I supported others and encouraged them when they needed it.  I showed enjoyment during the activity.  I was motivated  and reliable during the activity.

Previous experiences was a positive because when I was little, my brothers and I would always play Leapfrog, Octopus skipping and hopscotch, so I was familiar with the game and how it goes.

Skill level was a negitive because now that I'm all grown and not flexible like I was back then I couldn't reallys skip fast like I used to.   Skipping was a big thing in my childhood, I would always skip all day with my best friend.  Fun and enjoyment was a positive outcome in my participation because it was fun to play games that I always used to play in my childhood.

I could increase my peers paticipation by encouraging them to play other games, or if they don't know how to play, I could explain it to them .

1 comment:

Tania said...

Kia ora Charday,
I love playing our childhood games even as an adult. Nothing beats a good game of Four Square or Hopscotch. I used to really love skipping when I was at school too but I am not so good at it now! Leap Frog is so much fun and usually ends up in lots of laughter. Great to read that you were motivated and reliable during the activities and encouraged others when they needed it. What a great memory you have of your brothers playing with you. I laughed when I read you are not as flexible now, I am LOTS older than you and feel the same. Have you got younger cousins/friends/neighbours that you can play these games with?
Tania

Post a Comment