Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

1.1 PEA - Ultimate Frisbee (6/12)


  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.

Ultimate Frisbee is like turbo touch but instead of using a ball we use a frisbee.
We had two teams four players in each team, your team need to work together to get the frisbee to the other side of the line where one of your players will be waiting for to catch it in able to score for your team.
  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)

I would give myself an 'A' because I was organised before the activity, I was involved in the activity and I tried to improve on my skills. I can also reflect on my performance. For me to get to an 'M', I need to Support the development of others by assisting with their needs when it is required and also enhances the experience of other participants by adding my own input in the acitivty.

  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).

Challege = +
Classmates/Friends = +
Environment = - 

  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)

Challege

I think the challege in the activity was a postive affects on my participation because it helps me to think more on how to get my team to score points also on how to trick the other team for me to be able to have space for my teammates to throw the frisbee. The challeging part was the wind, the wind made it 10 times harder for us to score a point for the team because we have to think as a team to get the frisbee on the other side of the line.

Classmates/Friends

I think the Class was a postive affects in my participation because they made it fun for me to enjoy and play.

Environment-

I think the environment had gave a negitive impact in my participation because of the wind and coldness.  The wind made it harder for me to catch and hear.  The cold wind made harder because I was very cold to play. 

  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
For me to increse my participation, I need to support others by giving them feedbacks to help improve their performance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your reflections are becoming more in depth, the more you write! I really like your reflection about challenge, because you have thought about more than one thing that made this activity a challenge for you. For future reflections, it is really important you discuss HOW the factors affect your participation.

So for example, the class positively affected my participation because they made me want to play more. I had lots of fun playing with my friends, so I was involved during the activity, if my friends weren't there I might not have been as involved in the activity as I was today.

Your honesty is the best part about your reflections Charday - look forward to hearing some feedback you give your peers.

Post a Comment