Pages

Wednesday 12 April 2017

1.1 PEA - SPIKEBALL (2/12 games) 11PEA

  • Explain the physical activity you've participated in.

Spikeball is where you have a partner,  you and your team mate have to bounce the ball on to the tchouk and try get the ball to land on the ground.  The other team have to try and catch the ball,  If the ball hit the ground, the point goes to the other team that bounce the ball on the tchouk.  You then replay it over and over again.  The main goal is to not make the ball hit the ground.
We played a modified version of Spikeball, using Tchoukball nets instead as we don't have the spikeball equipment.

Tchouk

Image result for tchouk

  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)
I give my self a 'M' because I worked hard towards the goal or objective of the activity.  I seeks to improve my performance through development of skills, well-being and fitness. 
  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).
Friend/Classmates - Negative
Fun/Enjoyment + Positive.
Challenge + Positive. 

  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
Friends and classmates affected me negatively when playing spikeball, half of the class wasn't participating in the activity which made it boring because we needed people to play it with. Fun and enjoyment gave a positive affect on me because I was so engaged in the game also because everyone was encouraging one another which made it an enjoyment session. Challenges was a positive outcome playing spikeball, there was alot of challenges for me to achieve.


  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
I can increase my participation when playing another physical activity in the future by getting everyone to be engaged in the activity and also to encourage my classmates to play the game so it is more enjoyable. I enjoyed the challenges in the game, it was something you can try and work hard for to achieve the challenges. The challeges I discover was trying to throw the ball on the tchoukball nets. It was hard to aim the ball towards it to make it bounce off the net.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like how you have included a picture and a video to make your post a little more interesting :) We played a modified version of Spikeball, using Tchoukball nets instead, as we don't have the Spikeball equipment, but great description of the aim of the game. Please remember to refer to the marking criteria I sent you for your grade (I sent it as a photo), because that is what you need to refer to. You have described how the factors affected your participation well, to improve further I would like to see specific examples to back up what you are saying. So what specifically did you enjoy about the game? What challenged you? Why do you like challenges? The more you explain the better! Keep asking questions if you are stuck. Well done on remembering your labels! Miss D

Post a Comment