Pages

Monday 10 April 2017

1.1 PEA - CHOPSTICKS - (1/12 games)


CHOPSTICKS! 
  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.

We used cones to make four small sqaures, two on one side of the line and the other two on the other side of the line. In the middle of the four sqaures we placed a flat hockey ball.
We get slit into two even teams, one team on the other side and the other team on the opposite side. The game is basicly like capture to the flag but we have to use two hockey sticks to pick up the ball and take it to the other side before anyone touches you.

  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)
I put myself on Achieve as I am organised and prepared before the activity, I get involved in the activity. I try and improve my level of preformance. I can bump myself up to an Merit side by showing enjoyment throughout the whole game, seeks to improve my performance through development of skills, well-being and fitness and to do my best in every practical games we have.

  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).
Fun/ Enjoyment +
Wellbeing -
Environment +

  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
Fun and enjoyment have a positive affect towards me participating because everyone was happy and enjoying the game with each other which made the environment happy and positive to play. My wellbeing gave a negative affect when I played chopsticks because I had no energy as I didn't have breakfast because I was in a rush to get to school on time so I didn't put in 100 per cent in the game.

  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
I can increase my participation by enjoy the game even if it's not working well with everyon running around changing the rules. I can also increase my participation by eating before participating so I can have energy to play well, also to understand the rules before playing so it's much fun. Last but not least encourage everyone and cheer them on when they've won.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your description of the game we played, it is very specific! The equipment you described, in case you were unsure, are called hockey pucks. How do you think you could have bumped yourself up to a Merit level for your participation in future? (Look at the marking criteria I have sent you, to help explain) Isn't it amazing how food can affect our wellbeing and participation? What a great example of how something affected your participation. For future reflections, try to be a little more in depth about the other factors and how they affected your participation, like you did for wellbeing. Looking forward to reading more! Miss D

Autymn said...

Hi Charday.
I really like the honesty about your reflection. You were in depth and very specific :) I enjoyed reading this, thank you. Your way of improving your participation was very clever and I like that the most. However, is there a way where you could apply that to your peers?

Post a Comment