Pages

Monday 16 June 2014

Irregular, Past, Tense, Verbs, Cloze!

Irregular Past Tense Verbs Cloze

Fill in the blanks below with one of the 15 irregular past tense verbs in the box.



began
blew
bought
brought
caught
drew
grew
heard
knew
said
sang
sat
sent
slept
threw


(1) Last year, we _grew_ carrots and tomatoes in our garden.
(2) She __threw_ the ball to her friend.
(3) The wind ______blew______ the signs down.
(4) He ____sang_____ a song for the class.
(5) She ___brought_____ some milk at the store.
(6) I was tired so I __slept____ all morning.
(7) He ___caught____ a fish at the lake.
(8) We ___drew___ pictures in art class.
(9) I __knew___ the answer so I put up my hand.
(10) He _sent_ an email to his classmates.
(11) I __sat____ on the floor because there were no chairs.
(12) My mum _bought_ a pie to the picnic.
(13) She _heard__ a noise outside.
(14) He _said_, "I will help you."

(15) It was a warm day so the snow _began__ to melt.




Today we were learning to identify and use different forms of irregular verbs. This can help us, make our story more interesting and make our senses make sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment