Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Irregular Past Tense Verbs, Cloze 3, 2014

Irregular Past Tense Verbs Cloze

Fill in the blanks below with one of the 15 irregular past tense verbs in the box.


bent
burnt
cost
cut
dreamt
fit
hurt
leapt
lent
lit
rose
shook
slid
stank
stuck


(1) Last night, I ________dreamt_________ I was flying.
(2) The garbage _________stank________ so I took it outside.
(3) The new bridge _______cost__________ a lot of money.
(4) The smoke _________rose________ high into the sky.
(5) During the earthquake, the ground _________shook________ for several minutes.
(6) She ______leapt___________ over the puddles as she ran to school.
(7) He ______cut___________ the cake into eight pieces.
(8) The cars __________slid_______ on the ice.
(9) My friend needed some money so I ________lent_________ him $20.00.
(10) The shirt ________fit_________ perfectly so I bought it.
(11) I __________stuck_____ some pictures on the wall.
(12) We _________brunt________ a fire to cook hot dogs and stay warm.
(13) He ________hurt_________ himself when he fell off his bike.
(14) She __________bent_______ down to pick up the ball.
(15) The fire alarm went off when I ___________lit______ the toast.



TODAY WE WERE LEARNING TO IDENTIFY AND USE DIFFERENT FORMS OF IRREGULAR VERBS. THIS CAN HELP US, MAKE OUR STORY MORE INTERESTING AND MAKE OUR SENSES MAKE SENSE. This is another irregular verbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment