Pages

Monday 13 May 2013

My Weekly Poem


WALT read a poem and analyse the language features of a poem. This will help us think poetically so that we can write a similar poem to share with others.

Around the corner, down the street

When I’m feeling down, with no one around
I know I can look to you.
When I need a hug, or need a friend
I don’t have to worry.
For when we met and became friends, I knew I wouldn't be sorry.



1.Summarise the poem you have read in your own words.
  • The poem I read this week is about a friend expressing her feelings about her friend.

2.Identify at least 2 different language features in the poem and give examples. You can identify more than 2 language features.

  • One of the language features in this poem is a  assonance Here is an example of this language feature the, there.
  • Another language feature in this poem is rhyme .Here is an example of this language feature sorry, worry.

3. Evaluate (which means reflect and give your opinion) the author’s purpose for writing this poem - in your answers include the words: inform, entertain, persuade.

  • By analysing the poem I have read this week I think the author wrote this poem because the author wants us to have best friends so when we feel down our friend make us stand back up.
  • The author was informing the audience about her feeling when they became best friend with someone.
  • The author was entertaining the audience by expressing her feeling about her best friend.
  • The author is trying to persuade the audience to think about your friends when you leave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the poem you picked Charday and how you used a picture about friendship, and good question. You did a good job Charday well done!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Renee

Post a Comment